Who We Are
Optical Gaging (S) Pte Ltd (OGP Singapore – OGS) was established in Singapore in 1995 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Vision International, Inc USA (QVI) the holding company for Optical Gaging Products USA (OGP) worldwide.
OGP’s leading family of SmartScope video measuring system was introduced in Southeast Asia to solve customers’ daily measurement problems through OGS. OGS’ inception in Singapore was timely, filling a niche for the measurement of microscopic parts and easily deformed pieces in manufacturing, supporting the city-state’s industrialization. Through its training and application support programs, OGS successfully transferred critical skills to customers and won for OGS a strong customer base including top 20% industry players in the region. OGS believes that each sales signals the beginning of a new friendship and pledges to provide innovative and quality products backed by a dynamic sales and technical team.
Optical Gaging (S) Pte Ltd is also the regional headquarters for the Far East and Middle East. Over the years, OGS has persistently expanded its network of sales and technical centers, including authorized representatives across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, South China – Guangdong Province (Shenzhen, Dongguan, Zhuhai, Guangzhou, Foshan, Zhongshan), Hongkong, Taiwan, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East (UAE, Saudi Arabia & Qatar).
As part of its mission, OGS also aims to provide complementary measurement technology tools to meet customers’ growing needs for accuracy, flexibility and mobility. In this aspect, OGS is also distributor for QVI ShapeGrabber 3D laser scanning, inspection, measurement system, SHAKE SHR computed tomography scanner, QVI VIEW high-precision, high-speed vision metrology system, QVI RAM economical video measuring system, QVI SNAP fast 2D one-button Field of View inspection system, QVI CCP contour projector or optical profiler, and QVI KOTEM GD&T software.
In 1945 a new company was formed in Buffalo, NY to support the fledgling optical comparator industry. Engineers Specialties Division (ESD) of the Universal Engraving and Colorplate Company began manufacturing staging fixtures and chart-gages. After moving to Rochester, NY, ESD was purchased by a group of employees and re-formed as Optical Gaging Products, Inc. (OGP) and Projection Gages, Inc. (PGI).
OGP began a working relationship with Eastman Kodak Company as the exclusive distributor for the Kodak Contour Projector®. OGP rapidly expanded and became a national leader in optical inspection. In 1955, one of the founders of OGP, Edward C. Polidor, formed Automation Gages, Inc., a firm specializing in highly customized inspection equipment. The equipment designed and manufactured by Automation Gages filled such diverse needs as automatic measuring of germanium transistor wafers to evaluation of the wash-and-wear characteristics of textiles.
Automation Gages soon became the national distributor for Bausch and Lomb scientific industrial products, including optical comparators and analytical microscopes. In 1959, OGP found its way to Detroit and became part of the Ex-Cell-O Corporation when Kodak sold the Contour Projector Line.
To meet future challenges, Automation Gages embarked on a program to build the core technologies needed for market leadership. Between 1969 and 1973, they acquired General Measurement Research, Inc. (manufacturer of the Digital Incremental Glass scale system), Visual Inspection Products (designers and builders of chart layout machines and 1:1 pantographs), the optical comparator product lines from Ex-Cell-O and Bendix Measurement Division, and, finally, Optical Gaging Products, Inc. All operations, including manufacturing, were consolidated under one roof in Rochester, New York in 1973.
Since then, Optical Gaging Products has become a world leader in non-contact and multisensor measurement.